Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org> on 2003/10/17 08:26:51 UTC

Tabs on Cocoon site

Hi guys & girls!

Had a look at the updated Cocoon site and it is great to see that the layout
is now displayed correctly in IE.

Though, I don't quite understand why the left menu is still that overcrowded
while we have a nice possibility in Forrest to group related items into
separate tabs.

I see the following possible tabs:

- Home - for news, abouts, download, links and all the other stuff that does
not require deep knowledge of Cocoon, but should serve as a starting point.

- Documentation - this one is obvious. Just move the Documentation section
to a tab and divide the topics into sections, e.g. User docs or Dev docs.

- Project - all the project development stuff

and probably
- Community - but this one can happily live on the 'Home' tab.

What do you think?

--  Konstantin Piroumian        kpiroumian@apache.org
(rather incative, but still following the discussions)

Re: Tabs on Cocoon site

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Geoff Howard" <co...@leverageweb.com>
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> > Had a look at the updated Cocoon site and it is great to see that the
layout
> > is now displayed correctly in IE.

> Sounds great to me.  AFAIK no one "fixed" the IE layout - I'd assumed
> this came from an upgrade in Forrest version?

Exactly.
There was a minor bug in Forrest's page.css. Thanks to Ramon Prades for
fixing it.
And thanks everyone who participated in updating the Cocoon site using the
new version of Forrest.

Regards,
  Konstantin

Re: Tabs on Cocoon site

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

RE: Tabs on Cocoon site

Posted by Conal Tuohy <co...@paradise.net.nz>.
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> Had a look at the updated Cocoon site and it is great to see
> that the layout
> is now displayed correctly in IE.
>
> Though, I don't quite understand why the left menu is still
> that overcrowded
> while we have a nice possibility in Forrest to group related
> items into
> separate tabs.

I agree. I think this would make the left menu narrower - some of the pages
are already quite wide and the left menu makes it worse!

Cheers

Con