Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by "Imran, Md (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <Md...@ge.com> on 2020/03/12 10:01:10 UTC

Need help to configure Socket tunnel for Guacamole-Example

Hi Guacamole Team,

We are using guacamole for VNC connection.
We are modifying your   -  GUACAMOLE-CLIENT-1.1.0/doc/guacamole-example.
It is successfully Running our case.

but it is always connect to HTTP Tunnel, we want same facility but with WebSocket.
We are unable to connect to WebSocket and communicate.

We are finding something in place of SimpleGuacamoleTunnel ,so that can connect and transfer data using socket.

We are also tried to get reference from this link - https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/writing-you-own-guacamole-app.html
But not succeeded.

Mobile - +91-9832313659
Email - md.imran@ge.com<ma...@ge.com>
Skype - md.imran@ge.com<ma...@ge.com>

Cheers!
Md Imran
Team Kohinoor | IPMC
Software Engineer
GE Healthcare, Bangalore, India.

Re: Need help to configure Socket tunnel for Guacamole-Example

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 3:08 PM Imran, Md (GE Healthcare, consultant) <
Md.Imran@ge.com> wrote:

> Hi Guacamole Team,
>
> We are using guacamole for VNC connection.
> We are modifying your   -  GUACAMOLE-CLIENT-1.1.0/doc/guacamole-example.
> It is successfully Running our case.
>
> but it is always connect to HTTP Tunnel, we want same facility but with
> WebSocket.
> We are unable to connect to WebSocket and communicate.
>
> We are finding something in place of SimpleGuacamoleTunnel ,so that can
> connect and transfer data using socket.

The example documentation you referenced only implements the HTTP tunnel.
If you want to connect to WebSockets, you'll need to implement a WebSocket
tunnel.  This gets into areas that I'm not all that familiar with in the
code, but you might start here:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blob/master/guacamole-common/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/websocket/GuacamoleWebSocketTunnelEndpoint.java

This is part of the Guacamole Common code, so if you're trying to write a
custom Guacamole application, you can use this package along with
guacamole-common-js to get some base code in your application.

-Nick