Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Sabine Franziska Ullrich <Sa...@campus.lmu.de> on 2015/11/11 20:40:08 UTC

Problems with starting OpenNLP

Dear OpenNLP users,

recently, I installed the OpenNLP tool, version 1.6.0. I downloaded the zip, unpacked it and made sure I've got Maven 3.3.3 and Java 1.7 on my computer (operating system Ubuntu). In the manual it says, I can start the program by typing "opennlp" into the command line. Pressing Enter, I only get the message "command not found". Also, I didn't find a main program to open in the folders.

So here's my question: how is it possible to start OpenNLP? Or is there anything else I have to consider when downloading the tool - so maybe the download failed?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Sabine Ullrich

Re: Problems with starting OpenNLP

Posted by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com>.
Did you add the OpenNLP installation directory to your PATH variable?  If
not, you'll need to do that.  You can probably edit it in your .bashrc file
in your home directory, or put it in a script in /etc/profile.d/

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM