Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/03/03 01:28:44 UTC

[HELP!] - RE: Java chokes on logkit-1.2.2

Hi:

I already read 3 or 5 times all the mails:

But I don't understand how to solve the problem. :-(

Can someone describe a little bit more what is needed to solve the problem?

Please help! ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [HELP!] - RE: Java chokes on logkit-1.2.2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
>

>>Now, interestingly, I don't have any problems with it - perhaps
>>because I'm using this great and stable W2K and XP system?
>>

><joking-back mode>
>
>How you dare to talk about Linux!
>
>In Linux it works fine using:
>
>./cocoon.sh servlet or
>./cocoon.sh servlet-debug
>
>The problem raises when Cocoon is deployed in a bugy container, ie: Tomcat.

<telegraph-mode>XP, Tomcat, Crash.</telegraph-mode>

Vadim

RE: [HELP!] - RE: Java chokes on logkit-1.2.2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Now, interestingly, I don't have any problems with it - perhaps
> because I'm using this great and stable W2K and XP system?

<joking-back mode>

How you dare to talk about Linux!

In Linux it works fine using:

./cocoon.sh servlet or
./cocoon.sh servlet-debug

The problem raises when Cocoon is deployed in a bugy container, ie: Tomcat.

... Oh well, ... it is another Apache bugy guys saga! ;-DD

</joking-back mode>

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> Sure, update the CVS (and please also the 2.2 version, it's the
> same jar).

Maybe, sight.

> Now, interestingly, I don't have any problems with it - perhaps
> because I'm using this great and stable W2K and XP system?

lol.  :-DDDD

Seriously, I will now update the logkit jar in both CVS 2.1 and 2.2.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
>

>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>

>>>Hi:
>>>
>>>I already read 3 or 5 times all the mails:
>>>
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107823977800010&r=1&w=2
>>>
>>>But I don't understand how to solve the problem. :-(
>>>
>>>Can someone describe a little bit more what is needed to solve the
>>>problem?
>>>

>>zip -d logkit-1.2.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>>

>Vadim:
>
>Many Thanks. I already did it. :-D
>
>I think it is a VERY NASTY BUG! We need to fix it soon in the CVS! People
>on the user list using the nightly build are having the same problem. We
>will similar mails often if we don't change this jar. What about newbies?
>
>Can I update the jar in the CVS?

Can you bring this issue up on avalon-dev? We should fix it in the source..

Vadim

Re: [HELP!] - RE: Java chokes on logkit-1.2.2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Vadim Gritsenko dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>I already read 3 or 5 times all the mails:
>>
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107823977800010&r=1&w=2
>>
>>But I don't understand how to solve the problem. :-(
>>
>>Can someone describe a little bit more what is needed to solve the
>> problem?
>>

> zip -d logkit-1.2.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

Vadim:

Many Thanks. I already did it. :-D

I think it is a VERY NASTY BUG! We need to fix it soon in the CVS! People
on the user list using the nightly build are having the same problem. We
will similar mails often if we don't change this jar. What about newbies?

Can I update the jar in the CVS?

The yesterday mails where no clear or I was to sleepy to understand "the
magic" behind the problem.

I lost many hours with this **** thing! :-(

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.