Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Darien Yeung <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/10 09:39:21 UTC

[ZEPPELIN-683] GSOC 2016 - Darien Yeung

Dear Mr. Bezzubov.

Hello my name is Darien Yeung and I am a 4th Year Computer Science and
Chemistry student at Vancouver Island University in Canada.

I am interested participating in the Google Summer of Code 2016 at Apache
and NF Labs and I would like to work on the Project (ZEPPELIN-683):

    *NotebookRepo storage: P2P using IPFS or BitTorrent protocol*

I have had prior experience in working with and managing a centralized
repository
for code revision control. My work experience is mainly in closed source
development and the projects are affiliated with setting up software
infrastructure for storing and processing real time sensor data streams in
distributed networks for the fulfillment of the two Federal Research Awards
I was offered.

I am interested in shifting the data storage paradigm to a distributed
storage ideology and continue to learn and work in Big Data Analytics. I
would love to have this opportunity to learn P2P protocols and work on
implementing a distributed repository system.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Darien Yeung

Re: [ZEPPELIN-683] GSOC 2016 - Darien Yeung

Posted by Alexander Bezzubov <bz...@apache.org>.
Hi Darien,

thank you for your interest and welcome to the mailing list!

Looking forward your proposal draft posted. Please feel free to review this
mailing list archives for advices on GSoC proposals for the projects.

P.S you know that this year's ApacheCon NA [0] is going to be in Vancouver
in a couple of months, right?
May be a great chance for you to meet people from the community in person
[1]

--
Alex

 0. http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america