Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Studer <br...@sisclear.com> on 2000/11/14 14:11:17 UTC

RE: FP pb to insert multi nodes ??

I think you should set fp:default-mode to "insert-before" in fp:resource
because the default is "replace"
Bruno
  but if I use FP tags like this, I get only one <element> tag:
  <fp:write to="external-item" select="element"><request:get-parameter
name="element1"/></fp:write>
  <fp:write to="external-item" select="element"><request:get-parameter
name="element2"/></fp:write>
  <fp:write to="external-item" select="element"><request:get-parameter
name="element3"/></fp:write>

  Where is my mystake ???
  Thank you
  Fred

Re: FP pb to insert multi nodes ??

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 15:45 +0000 14/11/00, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>Frederic Alluin wrote:
>>
>> I use <fp:default-mode>insert-before</fp:default-mode>.....
>> My question is: Anybody did already make it with FP or not ?? Jeremy
>> ;-)???
>
>Actually I have been unable to insert new tags with fp as well. I think
>Jeremy is working on a new release, which will fix that problem (and
>introduce new features), but he has much to do, so it might take some
>time.

Yea, sorry, this is rather embarrassing .... the number of times I have
said the new FP is imminent .....

Incedentally, the current version was never intended for inclusion in
Cocoon, it was merely proof of concept. Stefano went a bit wild and added
it without me realising then made me a comitter to maintain it, just as I
got a job which takes all my time ;)

I suspect what you are trying to do is not possible in the current version.

The simple patterns of usage provided in the samples are the only ones that
appear to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: FP pb to insert multi nodes ??

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Frederic Alluin wrote:

> I use <fp:default-mode>insert-before</fp:default-mode>.....
> My question is: Anybody did already make it with FP or not ?? Jeremy
> ;-)???

Actually I have been unable to insert new tags with fp as well. I think
Jeremy is working on a new release, which will fix that problem (and
introduce new features), but he has much to do, so it might take some
time.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring