Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org> on 2004/08/18 16:50:08 UTC

Problem with SVN

Hi folks,

For Gump we are trying to create a 'live' branch that we use for live runs, and allow trunk to be somewhat less stable. As such we've copied 'trunk' to 'live' and then we wish to keep it up-to-date via a merge.

Using the svn client installed on minitaur I:

1) Checked out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/live
2) Checked out  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk
3) Did two 'svn info' commands to get revisions
4) Did svn merge -r 36314:36484 https/svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk in my live working copy.
5) Attempted a commit from there, and got:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of /repos/asf/!svn/act/17a5abba-eee1-0310-b9d8-779e82383466: 403 Forbidden (http://svn.apache.org)
svn: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
svn:    '/x1/home/ajack/work/gump_live/svn-commit.3.tmp'

I've tried various 'svn cleanup' and re-tried commits, but get the same problem.

Note: I have (just re-tested) performed successful commits from my account on this machine into Gump SVN.

Any pointers? Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam
--
Have you Gump'ed your code today?
http://gump.apache.org

Re: Problem with SVN

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> Using the svn client installed on minitaur I:
>
> 1) Checked out https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/live

Thanks to Thorsten Scherler for deducing that I failed to do this,
I typoed and dropped the 's' -- using HTTP not HTTPS.

> 2) Checked out  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk
> 3) Did two 'svn info' commands to get revisions
> 4) Did svn merge -r 36314:36484 https/svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/trunk in
> my live working copy.
> 5) Attempted a commit from there, and got:

Worky. Sorry for the noise, the error message just confused me (although I did see the perms error in there, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.)

regards

Adam