Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Daniel Dominik Holúbek <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/29 19:44:43 UTC

invoking an ajax refresh

hello everybody,i am wondering how to invoke refresh of a component with
ajax.
the situation:
i have a listener listening for incoming messages. if a message is fetched,
a method is executed, and I add the message text into a List object.
I then want to refresh the ListView (or the parent WebMarkupContainer), so
that it shows the latest message up.

So basically, it's a sort of asynchronous chat.
Thanks! :)

--
-danoh-

Re: invoking an ajax refresh

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
maybe

new AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior( Duration.seconds(2) ){

  protected void onPostProcessTarget(AjaxRequestTarget target){
    // Add new feed back message
    target.addComponent( .... );
}
};

Re: invoking an ajax refresh

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Hi Daniel,

Please investigate AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior. I have never used it
myself so I can not help you further then that.

Regards,
    Erik.