Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 05:12:22 UTC

Re: Percolate feature?

Just came across this "ancient" thread.  Charlie, did this end up
happening?  I suspect Wolfgang may be interested, but that's just a
wild guess.

I was curious about your feeling that what you were open-sourcing
might be a lot faster and more flexible than ES's percolator - can you
share more about why do you have that feeling and whether you've
confirmed this?

Thanks,
Otis
--
Solr & ElasticSearch Support -- http://sematext.com/
Performance Monitoring -- http://sematext.com/spm

Re: Percolate feature?

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@flax.co.uk>.
On 01/10/2013 04:12, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Just came across this "ancient" thread.  Charlie, did this end up
> happening?  I suspect Wolfgang may be interested, but that's just a
> wild guess.

Hi Otis & all,

Yes we're actually planning to talk about it at Lucene Revolution in
November and open source it around then - it's called 'Luwak' and we're
working on a live customer implementation based on it currently.

> I was curious about your feeling that what you were open-sourcing
> might be a lot faster and more flexible than ES's percolator - can you
> share more about why do you have that feeling and whether you've
> confirmed this?

Difficult to say at present - we've not done a direct comparative test
yet and obviously we like our own implementation! It works very well for
our clients' use case.

Cheers

Charlie