Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arthur Leigh Allen <ar...@yahoo.de> on 2009/07/21 21:55:19 UTC

BoundCompoundPropertyModel @Deprecated

Hallo folks,

can someone please tell me why the BoundCompoundPropertyModel is declared as deprecated in wicket 1.4?
I'm about to migrate from 1.3.5 to 1.4RC7 and I got 980 warnings. I solved about 450 today.

I got about 350 warnings because of the BoundCompoundPropertyModel.
I loved that model because it disassociates the html markup file from the properties within the entities.

Now I have to use the CompoundPropertyModel and therefore I have to change the whole html markup ids
in the html files to "entity.entity.variable", etc. I really don't like that way because if any variable within an entity
changes (renamed, moved, ...), I have to make sure, the markup ids in the html files are changed, too.

Is there a good reason why the BoundCompoundPropertyModel is deprecated now?
I can't understand it because it extended the CompoundPropertyModel for a good reason or am I wrong?

Best regards
Arthur

Re: BoundCompoundPropertyModel @Deprecated

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.