Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Evgeny Gesin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/03 23:26:27 UTC

native2ascii or better editor?

Am I must to use native2ascii to create text labels
for a resource bundle file?

The problem is that these labels are not human
readable and sometimes native2ascii generates
incorrect sequence of characters (such as duplicates),
at least in Russian language (Red Hat 9)...

In any case, I use JEdit, which is capable of encoding
UTF-8 chars, such as Russian charset, so chars are
human readable in the editor, but unfortunatelly at
run-time they are displayed as gibberish.

In short can you advice a tool, like JEdit, to make
more easer writing and editing resource bundle files,
or I must work with native2ascii ?

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk

Re: native2ascii or better editor?

Posted by Evgeny Gesin <ev...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Dima,
so simple!

By the way do you allow links in your resource bundle?

Bla-bla1 <A HREF="{0}">bla-bla2</A> bla-bla3.

I mean do you mix links and text or split text, which
have links, in separate phrases (such, in 3 elements
in example)?

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk CEO / Founder

Posted by Evgeny Gesin <ev...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, I create localized images for each language and
use JSTL fmt library to locate suitable image data in
resource bundle.

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk