Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Brian Rowe <pu...@cenozoa.com> on 2004/02/21 06:42:49 UTC

Horrible Exception: unknown service SecurityService requested

Hello,

Getting this error on new user creation.  I changed the configuration to use
  newuser.confirm.enable=true
which works to the point of actually submitting the confirmation code.  Hence,
I can register, receive email, go to
default.psml/template/ConfirmRegistration, and then submit with Secret Key.
Then I get the HE.

I actually am  getting the same error when I attempt to use the login box, so
I'm assuming that I messed up the configuration somewhere.

The bluesunrise tutorial which I have installed separately still works when
logging in, so it must be in my configuration.  Any ideas?

Abridged stack trace:
Horrible Exception: org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException:
ServiceBroker: unknown service SecurityService requested
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:354)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:296)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getService(TurbineSecurity.java:99)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:194)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:111)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:509)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:658)

Brian

P.S. I'm using Jetspeed 1.4, which uses Turbine 2.2.  The Turbine 2.3 release
seems to contain many changes!

--
 =====
Brian Rowe (President, Chief Architect)