Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <we...@mac.com> on 2006/03/01 02:07:01 UTC

Re: svn commit: r381856 - /xmlgraphics/site/publish.xml

On Feb 28, 2006, at 4:55 PM, clay@apache.org wrote:
> Author: clay
> Date: Tue Feb 28 16:55:30 2006
> New Revision: 381856

> Log:
> Switched forrestbot to transfer via svn instead of scp.
>
> Modified:
>     xmlgraphics/site/publish.xml

The Forrest-folk reaction was essentially that those are WARNINGs only:

On Feb 28, 2006, at 4:44 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Nothings wrong, they are warnings not errors.
>
> The problem is that the way of adding new files to SVN is a bit of
> a hack. It adds everything. Of course, many of the files have
> already been added and so SVN outputs the above warnings.
>
> It would be better if we used "svn status" to identify files that
> need to be added, but to date nobody has made this improvement.
>
> Ross

The end result appears to be that although the Forrestbot is adding
all the files, it only updates the ones which have changed, so they
are the only files which show updated modification dates (I found
this out when I ran Forrestbot, and then made minor updates to
mail.html/.pdf--all files had older modification date/times except
for mail.html/.pdf).

So Forrestbot is good to go. In order to make it work, everyone will
need to create the file 'deploy.svn.settings' in the parent directory
to the XML Graphics site/ directory as follows:

[clay@Clays-PB site]$ cat ../deploy.svn.settings
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
   <property name="deploy.svn.user" value="{username-for-
people.apache.org}"/>
   <property name="deploy.svn.password" value="{password-for-
people.apache.org}"/>
</project>

Cheers!

Clay Leeds