Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2014/05/14 11:22:21 UTC

[VOTE] Add Type 1 subset support

Hi All,

Following on from the last failed vote for adding Type 1 subset support, I have now put forward a modified patch and am ready to try this again. The patch went up on Monday to address the issues and comments made by Vincent and Luis. This vote will last 5 working days and will finish next Wednesday at the same time.

As always if you have any concerns or find anything please let me know. If they are small I will try and address the issue before the vote is finalized in order to avoid repeating this again. Please note that all type 1 fonts will default to full embedding unless you use the embedding-mode="subset" as per one of the recommendations from the last vote.

Here is my vote: +1

Best Regards,

Robert Meyer

RE: [VOTE] Add Type 1 subset support

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi,

Thanks all for voting. The vote has now concluded and has passed with 6 +1 votes.

I will look at merging this patch with trunk and update the necessary documentation soon.

To reiterate, the default for Type 1 fonts will be to fully embed unless explicitly stated otherwise in the configuration.

Regards,

Robert Meyer

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pascal Sancho <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

here is my +1

--
pascal

RE: [VOTE] Add Type 1 subset support

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1

Thanks

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
+1 here too

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this explanation and the work you’ve done to implement, Robert,

Here’s my +1

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.