Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Kevin Steppe <ks...@pacbell.net> on 2002/03/28 18:30:04 UTC

Re: RollingFileAppender and DailyRollingFileAppender

Ceki,
    Hadn't seen the 1.3 plan.  Strategy based rollovers looks interesting -- I'll
get to work on it.

    What specifically needs to be done to release 1.2?  The user list is getting a
lot of traffic on problems in 1.1.3 that are fixed in 1.2.  I think the most
effective action to reducing user problems would be getting 1.2 "out the door".

Kevin

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
At 09:30 28.03.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Ceki,
>     Hadn't seen the 1.3 plan.

I put it up this morning. :-)

>  Strategy based rollovers looks interesting -- I'll get to work on it.

When you do, make sure to give full credit to the original authors. Asking for
their permission is even better.

>     What specifically needs to be done to release 1.2?  The user list is
> getting a
>lot of traffic on problems in 1.1.3 that are fixed in 1.2.  I think the most
>effective action to reducing user problems would be getting 1.2 "out the
>door".

I totally agree. I'll spend the day tomorrow testing and fixing reported bugs.
We'll go beta5 tomorrow and rc1 next week. Testing is the most important
part of log4j. It usually takes me more time to write the test code than the
code I am testing. Do you want to join the party?