Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Keng Wong <ke...@verizon.net> on 2001/04/18 03:44:10 UTC

Oracle JDBC driver

I have been using Oracle JDBC on Jserv for quite a while. The jdbc driver is
a zip file downloaded from technet.oracle.com. The driver is running ok all
this while (jdk1.2 for 8i).

When converted to the tdk1.1a13 (Catalina), it seems that the driver cannot
be found (No suitable driver) whenever the DB is accessed, until I renamed
it from jdbc-oracle.zip to jdbc-oracle.jar. I haven't tried unzipping the
file and making a new jar out of it. Anyway the rename works for now and I
have no problems creating the turbine tables in oracle 8i and running torque
on some existing tables in Oracle.
(The view of my table showing up on the browser after these builds is way
cool :) )

This file is in the <context>/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Question is: Does anyone know if this is the correct way  (that all lib/*
must be jar files) for Catalina(or even any Servlet container) to work ?

Sorry if this is a wrong list to post to.

-keng