Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Paul Read <pd...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/09 17:55:42 UTC

StateStore and FineGrainedScaling (FGS)

I'm working on the StateStore which at first blush does not seem that
difficult. However with the approaching FGS I suspect I need to store
additional information.

I assume HA would need to reconstruct the FGS state.

Assuming this is correct the following would need to happen:

1. Re-init the YarnNodeCapacityManager with new OfferLifeCycleManager and
NodeStore
    a. rebuild OfferLifecycleManager
    b. store NodeStore
    c. store offerFeedMap
    d. store consumerOfferMap

2. Possibly store the Pseudo Tasks and reconstruct the
PseudoTaskResourceManager

3. Store and rebuild the SchedulerState

I was originally thinking that the Offers under consideration would need to
be stored but those may be encapsulated in the tasking...correct?

Thanks

Re: StateStore and FineGrainedScaling (FGS)

Posted by Paul Read <pd...@gmail.com>.
Great! Thanks for the heads up.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 12:16 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid