Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Francisco Cartusciello Blanco <fc...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/10 18:32:06 UTC

Unable to construct record instance!!

I, i'm trying to read a excel document, but when i create the workbook object, it throws me, this error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unable to construct record instance        at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java:199)        at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:117)        at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:207)        at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:148)
Can anybody help me with this.....

i appreciate your help, thanks!!

   Francisco Cartusciello

Re: Unable to construct record instance!!

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Francisco Cartusciello Blanco wrote:
> I, i'm trying to read a excel document, but when i create the workbook
> object, it throws me, this error:

First up, have you tried with a recent svn checkout / nightly? [1]

We've fixed a few errors of this type recently. If you still have the
problem from a recent svn build, can you upload the problem file to a new
bugzilla entry, and we'll take a look

Nick

[1] http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-svn-build/