Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2006/06/17 17:09:32 UTC

new ognl version

Hi,

I've just realized that after almost 2 years of silence there is a new
ognl version with minor fixes. Maybe tapestry should be upgraded as well...

Regards,
Norbi

Re: new ognl version

Posted by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com>.
I just had a look recently at wicket project page and on their latest
version they replaced ognl with their own object navigation language... They
claim to have a much faster speed.
I was thinking the other day of a compromise between ognl and Howard's prop:
what if for simple navigation prop and for more complex language fall back
to ognl?
99% of my stuff are simple navigation... I have like 1% with comparisons and
other operators.

Henri.

On 6/18/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did notice this - even went as far as to peek through the source but,
> wasn't overly impressed.
>
> I ~will~ upgrade of course, but would be much more excited about something
> like http://howardlewisship.com/tapestry-javaforge/tapestry-prop/ showing
> up. This will probably be one of those things that causes too much
> confusion
> (unless we can rip out ognl wholesale, which we can't..I mean we
> ~could~,but
> how many projects can we humanly work on? ...) and so may not be doable...
> :( Damn users...Stop getting confused! ;)
>
> On 6/17/06, Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just realized that after almost 2 years of silence there is a new
> > ognl version with minor fixes. Maybe tapestry should be upgraded as
> > well...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Norbi

> Jesse Kuhnert