Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/17 21:48:57 UTC

[VOTE] Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0 Release Candidate 3

The Apache OpenNLP PMC would like to call for a Vote on Apache OpenNLP
1.8.0 Release Candidate 3.

The RC 3 distributables can be downloaded from here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-101
3/org/apache/opennlp/opennlp-distr/1.8.0/

The release was made from the Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0 tag at
https://github.com/apache/opennlp/tree/opennlp-1.8.0

To use it in a maven build set the version for opennlp-tools or
opennlp-uima to 1.8.0 and add the following URL to your settings.xml
file:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheopennlp-101
3

The release was made using the OpenNLP release process, documented on
the Wiki here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENNLP/Release+Process

The release contains quite some changes, please refer to the contained
issue list for details.

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0. The
vote is open for at least the next 72 hours.

Only votes from OpenNLP PMC are binding, but folks are welcome to check
the release candidate and voice their approval or disapproval. The vote
passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0
[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Thanks!

Jörn

P.S. Here is my +1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes, only +1 votes were receive:
+1 Bruno
+1 Tommaso
+1 William
+1 Jörn
+1 Jeff
+1 Daniel
+1 Richard
+1 Joey
+1 Suneel
+1 Rodrigo

Thanks for voting!

Jörn

Posted by Dan Russ <da...@gmail.com>.
My (not so thorough, but probably different than yours) tests passed. I
vote:

+1

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Joey Frazee <jo...@icloud.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Verified signatures and checksums
- RAT checks check out
- Successfully ran `mvn -T 2.0C clean install` and verified .tar.gz and .zip packages
- L&N look good
- Tested tagging + tokenization + chunking with cli tools

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 18.05.2017, at 17:17, Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Richard, it would be nice if you could vote as well so we know that what
> we have now in RC 3 works for you.

I have locally applied the DKPro Core patch from William and tested it
against the RC3 staged artifacts. Works good.

@rodrigo: thanks for the info about the lemmatizer!

@william: Thanks for the patch!

@jörn: Thanks for the parser fix and your consideration regarding the vote.

From DKPro Core perspective: +1 (non binding).

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenNLP 1.8.0 Release Candidate 3

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by William Colen <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.