Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew van der Voort <An...@astarte.co.nz> on 2001/12/03 05:33:41 UTC

Adding beans to the JBuilder design palette

Could somebody help me please? I've done this on my old machine, but
have recently been given a new one, and can't see to do it anymore.

We have a copy (albeit old, but as I say, it worked before) of JFCSuite.
I want to add some of the components to the design palette. This is what
I did:

1) Defined a new library, and added the 8 jar files that come with the
product to that library.

2) Specified that library as a required l;ibrary for the project.

3) Went to "Configure pallette". (Incidentally, I get a whole load of
messages in the designer messages window about classes that are not "a
valid JavaBean". These are for classes I'm not interested in, but it is
curious, and I didn't get this on my old machine...)

4) Added a new page called "JFCSuite"

5) Clicked on the "Add components" tab

6) Clicked "Select library" and selected the "JFCSuite" library.
Specified my new page as the destination for new components

7) Click "Add from selected library".

At this point I get a "ping". It doesn't matter which of the component
filtering I choose, all I get is "ping". Naturally "ping" isn't at all
helpful.

As I say I did this some months ago on my old machine but can't seem to
get it done on this new one! Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, Andrew