Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Citi Travel <ci...@cts.cendant.com> on 2005/10/26 22:01:37 UTC

Re: RE: Cactus/Maven problem (KMM3962519V56871L0KM)

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Lewis, Lonnie R wrote:
Hm. That's odd. From examining the sourcecode, it doesn't handle DTD.
(not sure which version you're using).
It trims the output and checks if it starts with <webresult>, but a
DOCTYPE declaration is found instead.
I can only think of the following two causes:
- cactus added support for a DOCTYPE and you're using a newer version of
cactus on the server than on the client;
- you've got some weird tomcat settings that add DOCTYPE automatically.
Btw, if you point your browser at that url (where you get the blank
page),
and you do 'view source', i think you'll see the <webresult> tag.
Again, I'm not sure what causes this, perhaps some more experienced
user/developer can help you with that.
-- Kenney
> Thanks for the reply, Kenney. Running "clean:clean" as you suggested
> cleaned up the problem files. Thanks for the tip.
>
> Here is the stack trace:
>     [cactus] Testcase: testDoRequiredBrowser took 15.753 sec
>     [cactus]    Caused an ERROR
>     [cactus] Failed to get the test results at
> [http://localhost:8080/MyTest-cactus/test/filterRedirector.jsp]
>     [cactus] org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to
> get the test results at
> [http://localhost:8080/MyTest-cactus/test/filterRedirector.jsp]
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:92)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:288)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t(DefaultHttpClient.java)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> WebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:288)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
> tCaseCaller.java:144)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
> CactusTestCase.java:215)
>     [cactus]    at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
> TestCase.java:133)
>     [cactus] org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ParsingException: Not a
> valid response. First 100 characters of the reponse: [
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus]
>     [cactus] <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org]
>
> >From what I've read, I agree that the problem is connecting to
Tomcat. I

[http://localhost:8080/MyTest-cactus/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Service=RU
> N_TEST] (Connection refused: connect)
>
> As these test are running, I can bring up a browser and enter in the
> _TEST
> I get a blank page,  but no error.
> I have also tried: http://localhost:8080/
> MyTest-cactus/test/filterRedirector.jsp
> I also get a response, but it is an error containing: "Missing service
> name parameter [Cactus_Service] in HTTP request."
>
> I don't know, any ideas?
>
> Thanks again.
> -Lonnie

Kenney Westerhof