Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Schneider <Da...@tecfa.unige.ch> on 2000/02/10 14:18:59 UTC

Re: ldap processor again

Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Some time ago I asked quiestion about ldap proccessor.
> I still can't get it works.
> Is somebody here having it works with OpenLdap?

Hi, I don't know about OpenLDAP, I have an old Netscape directory
server and got it to work. In principle you can connect to any LDAP with
any libarary (e.g. I use php/openldap library to connect to netscape directory).
I just can guess 2 problems you might have:

1. You probably have missing classes in your Java server.
Package jndi.jar is ABSOLUTLY not enough. You need also ldap.jar and proverutil.jar
If you don't have a recent Java 2 v1.3 enterprise mega pack something
you got to download and install these too.

2. The example in Cocoon 1.6 has a wrong XML syntax, but the
documentation is correct (well I did not try out very much so far).

Details are here (freshly produced right now):
      http://tecfa2.unige.ch/guides/xml/cocoon/ldap/
including 2 examples that do run with 2 differents servers.

- Daniel
Disclaimer: I am Java/Cocoon/LDAP dummy
--
Dr Daniel K.Schneider, TECFA (Educational Technologies and Learning)
Faculte de Psychologie et des Sciences de l'Education, University of Geneva,

!!!!! NOTE: WE HAVE MOVED, but our fax is still dead !!!
TECFA - FPSE - Université de Genève
40, Bd. du Pont d'Arve, 1205 Genève
Tel: 41 22 705 9377 - Fax: 41 22 705 9379 - Office#: 6359

Re: ldap processor again

Posted by Dmitry Melekhov <dm...@aspec.ru>.
Daniel Schneider wrote:

> Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > Some time ago I asked quiestion about ldap proccessor.
> > I still can't get it works.
> > Is somebody here having it works with OpenLdap?
> >

> Hi, I don't know about OpenLDAP, I have an old Netscape directory
> server and got it to work. In principle you can connect to any LDAP with
> any libarary (e.g. I use php/openldap library to connect to netscape directory).
> I just can guess 2 problems you might have:
>
> 1. You probably have missing classes in your Java server.
> Package jndi.jar is ABSOLUTLY not enough. You need also ldap.jar and proverutil.jar
> If you don't have a recent Java 2 v1.3 enterprise mega pack something
> you got to download and install these too.
>
> 2. The example in Cocoon 1.6 has a wrong XML syntax, but the
> documentation is correct (well I did not try out very much so far).
>
> Details are here (freshly produced right now):
>       http://tecfa2.unige.ch/guides/xml/cocoon/ldap/
> including 2 examples that do run with 2 differents servers.

I tried again and again.

But only output I get with OpenLdap 1.2.8 is

search condition :((

--
Dmitry Melekhov
http://www.aspec.ru/~dm