Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ying Tang <iv...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/06 13:07:12 UTC

0.7.0beta3 Cassandra frequently log GC for ConcurrentMarkSweep

I hava a two node , running cassandra ,both's memory is 4G.
First i set heap size to 2G ,both run normal .
The i set heap size to 1G ,  the client who insert data to and read data
from cassandra began throw Read\Write Unavailable Exception . And one
cassandra node began  logging  GC for ConcurrentMarkSweep frequently  ,every
ConcurrentMarkSweep 's time is over 5000ms.
How this happen ? Why frequently ConcurrentMarkSweep GC ,not ParNew GC?

--
Best regards,
Ivy Tang

Re: 0.7.0beta3 Cassandra frequently log GC for ConcurrentMarkSweep

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
If it's GCing frequently and each CMS is only collecting a small
fraction of the old gen, then your heap is probably too small.

(GCInspector only logs collections that take over 1s, which should
never include ParNew.)

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: 0.7.0beta3 Cassandra frequently log GC for ConcurrentMarkSweep

Posted by Ying Tang <iv...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,

Ivy Tang