Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Axel-Stephane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com> on 2007/11/05 08:31:00 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Suggestion for apachectl

You can certainly do something like what you propose in your apachectl, but you also probably want to avoid doing anything as clumsy as

        ps -ef | grep `cat /usr/apache/logs/httpd.pid` | grep -v grep > /dev/null 2>&1

Rather try something like
	kill -0 `cat /usr/apache/logs/httpd.pid`
	if [ $? ]; then ... fi

-ascs