Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Siljan Simpson <si...@email.com> on 2003/07/31 20:14:47 UTC

Using transformation output as input for another transformation

Hi,

Whats is the best approach to chain XSL transformation using XSLTC ? Other than sending the Stream result of the first transformation to the second !!

Any suggestion is welcome.

Siljan Simpson
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers

Re: Using transformation output as input for another transformation

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
Siljan,

 You may find this article useful:

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1.1/docs/tutorial/xslt/5_chain.html

 Note, however, that no matter how you chain your transformations, each
one will require the creation of its own DOM  (this is an internal DOM
over which the user has little control) as neither XSLTC nor Xalan
support streaming. The reason why I say this is that documentation about
this topic can be misleading sometimes.

 Hope this helps.

-- Santiago