Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/26 14:01:33 UTC

Monitoring Broker/Prod/Cons on Kubernetes

Hello,

Has anyone got any experience in using monitoring tool (e.g. Prometheus,
DataDog, or custom) for Kafka on K8s?

Cruise-control doesn't come with official docker image (Neither does Kafka
Manager). I was just curious to know if people usually monitor this as a
service through external providers, or using custom-made tools.

Thanks,

Re: Monitoring Broker/Prod/Cons on Kubernetes

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I missed the original email, but I know Sematext can monitor your
containerized/k8sized Kafka.
Maybe of interest: https://sematext.com/blog/monitoring-kafka-with-sematext/

Otis

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey thanks for your response.

I was thinking along the same lines. Cruise Control comes with good set of
monitoring functions, but not ready for K8s. You would need to deploy that
as a container (no official image yet). Do you know if any k8s flavour has
been made available yet ?

Prometheus/grafana and DataDog are something we’re considering.

Thanks,

Posted by Pere Urbón Bayes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Liam Clarke <li...@adscale.co.nz>.
I'm using the Prometheus jmx_exporter to export key metrics from the
brokers. Takes a bit of fiddling to get the regexes right, but works well.