Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/01 22:38:19 UTC

Context encoding question ....

Hi !

I'm just a little but curious why T5 has choosen to encode the context in
the url path and not as url parameters.

What is the benifit by doing it this way?

Thanks in advance,
Gunnar Eketrapp

Re: Context encoding question ....

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Daniel Jones posted a way to use Prototype 1.6.1 yesterday if anyone
needs to install it for IE8.

mrg

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
IE6+
Basically, using Prototype 1.6 as a base, we're compatible with most browsers.
IE8 breaks a few things in Prototype, so going up to the latest
(1.6.1?) will help. You can configure T5 to do that before Tapestry
5.2.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Carl Crowder <ca...@taptu.com> wrote:
> We're using Tapestry where I work on my recommendation and one question that
> keeps coming up is this. Can you clarify "browser compatibility" for me?
> It's not clear from the Javadocs and I'd like to be able to answer my
> colleagues satisfactorily :)
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>>
>> Search engine browser compatibility, plus shorter, more readable, more
>> restful URLs.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Gunnar Eketrapp
>> <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I'm just a little but curious why T5 has choosen to encode the context in
>>> the url path and not as url parameters.
>>>
>>> What is the benifit by doing it this way?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Gunnar Eketrapp

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry