Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@apache.org> on 2010/02/25 17:46:10 UTC

[ANN] Maven Eclipse Plugin 2.8 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Eclipse
Plugin, version 2.8.

This plugin is used to generate Eclipse IDE files (*.classpath,
*.wtpmodules and the .settings folder) for use with a project. Please
see the plugin's site for details:

   http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/

To use the updated plugin in your projects, you need to add the
following snippet to the plugins or plugin management section of your POM:

   <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>2.8</version>
   </plugin>

To use the updated plugin from command line, add the flag -U the next
time you invoke "mvn eclipse:eclipse" in order to have Maven check for
the update and download it.

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Eclipse Plugin - Version 2.8

** Bug
     * [MECLIPSE-368] - Dependency configuration in DependencyManagement
with exclusions is ignored
     * [MECLIPSE-492] - Maven Eclipse Plugin does not take
dependencyManagement excludes into account when building eclipse CP
configuration.
     * [MECLIPSE-558] - Ignoring listed AspectJ dependencies
     * [MECLIPSE-568] - Some compile dependencies are not added to
.classpath since 2.6
     * [MECLIPSE-569] - eclipse:eclipse does not add all libraries to
.classpath
     * [MECLIPSE-584] - No eclipse classpath entries generated for
aspectj dependencies
     * [MECLIPSE-603] - Exclusions are not applied on transitive
dependencies
     * [MECLIPSE-631] - [Maven 3] Integration test project-44 fails with
Unable to resolve resource location: /checkstyle-config.xml
     * [MECLIPSE-633] - [Maven 3] j2ee-simple integration test fails
     * [MECLIPSE-637] - mvn eclipse:to-maven deploy to nexus fails if
nexus security is active

** New Feature
     * [MECLIPSE-156] - Plugin should support setting file encoding
     * [MECLIPSE-178] - symbolic links need to able to be specified in
the pom

** Task
     * [MECLIPSE-594] - set AJDT version parameter to none by default
     * [MECLIPSE-632] - Add markers in the generated project files that
can identify them as being created by the maven-eclipse-plugin

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Eclipse Plugin 2.8 Released

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
This is not M2Eclipse, it's not an Eclipse plugin what got released is a Maven plugin.

I think you're looking for:

http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites

Which is where all the update sites are.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [ANN] Maven Eclipse Plugin 2.8 Released

Posted by Ed Young <ej...@summitbid.com>.
I just went to the link below to look for an update site, but found none....

Can you pass it on here?

Thanks, and good work!

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Benjamin Bentmann <be...@apache.org>wrote:

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Eclipse
> Plugin, version 2.8.
>
> This plugin is used to generate Eclipse IDE files (*.classpath,
> *.wtpmodules and the .settings folder) for use with a project. Please see
> the plugin's site for details:
>
>  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
>
> To use the updated plugin in your projects, you need to add the
> following snippet to the plugins or plugin management section of your POM:
>
>  <plugin>
>    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>    <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>    <version>2.8</version>
>  </plugin>
>
> To use the updated plugin from command line, add the flag -U the next time
> you invoke "mvn eclipse:eclipse" in order to have Maven check for the update
> and download it.
>
> Release Notes - Maven 2.x Eclipse Plugin - Version 2.8
>
> ** Bug
>    * [MECLIPSE-368] - Dependency configuration in DependencyManagement with
> exclusions is ignored
>    * [MECLIPSE-492] - Maven Eclipse Plugin does not take
> dependencyManagement excludes into account when building eclipse CP
> configuration.
>    * [MECLIPSE-558] - Ignoring listed AspectJ dependencies
>    * [MECLIPSE-568] - Some compile dependencies are not added to .classpath
> since 2.6
>    * [MECLIPSE-569] - eclipse:eclipse does not add all libraries to
> .classpath
>    * [MECLIPSE-584] - No eclipse classpath entries generated for aspectj
> dependencies
>    * [MECLIPSE-603] - Exclusions are not applied on transitive dependencies
>    * [MECLIPSE-631] - [Maven 3] Integration test project-44 fails with
> Unable to resolve resource location: /checkstyle-config.xml
>    * [MECLIPSE-633] - [Maven 3] j2ee-simple integration test fails
>    * [MECLIPSE-637] - mvn eclipse:to-maven deploy to nexus fails if nexus
> security is active
>
> ** New Feature
>    * [MECLIPSE-156] - Plugin should support setting file encoding
>    * [MECLIPSE-178] - symbolic links need to able to be specified in the
> pom
>
> ** Task
>    * [MECLIPSE-594] - set AJDT version parameter to none by default
>    * [MECLIPSE-632] - Add markers in the generated project files that can
> identify them as being created by the maven-eclipse-plugin
>
> Enjoy,
>

> -The Maven team

- Ed