Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jean-Claude Moissinac <jc...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 15:18:13 UTC

Axis block

In the samples section of a standard installation, when I read
"Axis Block <http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/axis/> - Examples using
Apache Axis to give access to Cocoon via SOAP."
My understanding is that I will be able to transform some pipelines in Web
Services accesible with SOAP.
It seems to be wrong. What is this 'access to cocoon via SOAP'?

Indeed, when I observe the samples, my understanding is that the samples
illustrate two possibilities:
- one is to call some 'external' Web services from an xsp
- another is to call some Web Services installed in an Axis installation
included in my Cocoon installation; but I don't understand how to install
new Web Services in this Axis installation -standard ways described in the
Axis documentation seems not available in the standard way-, where are the
WSDL for the Web Services in the sample... Briefly, how to use this axis
integration in my cocoon site?

Thank you in adavance

Jean-Claude Moissinac
Department of Computer Science and Networks
ENST Paris
FRANCE

E-mail: moissinac@enst.fr
Tel: (+33) 1.45.81.80.88
Fax: (+33) 1.45.81.71.58

http://shadok.enst.fr/jcm

Re: Axis block

Posted by Jan <ja...@geeksonly.de>.
Maybe you want to have a look at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FlowAndWebServices
I setup an example, which provides a simple echo-method.

I think Sebastien Arbogast improved my solution in a more generic way ...
You can also search the mailinglist for
"[WebServices] How to use the SoapServer component ?"
"Cocoon and Axis"
"What does processPipelineTo() method do ?"
"Cocon and WebServices"

I also startet with the axis-block, but i seems, that this provides only a
proxy. So you'll have to install an axis-instance beside your cocoon (in a
tomcat for example). You then could forward soap-requests to webservices in
that axis-installation.
In my case that worked, but i couldn't reuse the code I implemented for my
cocoon-webapp (which requires a browserinterface and a webserviceinterface).

--
Gruß, Jan