Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org> on 2011/07/28 19:39:24 UTC

What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3

Now that I've got your attention, may I ask for links to explanations
about pools and, while we're at it, tokens?  I have some hints about
tokens, but absolutely no clue about pools.  I created one, thinking it
might be a "group" (a feature I want), but when I came in as a different
user, I was not able to "join" that pool.

Thanks
Jack

Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Token: You use tokens when you want to access ESME via its various
APIs (http://esme.apache.org/docs/apis/api.html)

Pools: I haven't had time to move the old description from the wiki to
the new site: I found an old version in Google (sorry for long URL -
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PjLSj9IiaRUJ:www.bluesunrise.com:8080/webcontent/rproxy/esme_apache/pools.html+esme+pools&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=at&source=www.google.at)

D.

Re: Scalability was Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Correct,

There is no out-of-the-box Lift module for any graph database AFAIK. I've
found couple of threads on Lift Google Group about Neo4J and OrientDB:
http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/e73579ed220ec4d3/55b891f0354e8440?lnk=gst&q=neo4j#55b891f0354e8440
,
former has incompatible license with Lift's one, there's no any info about
latter and Lift compatibility.

Vladimir

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: Scalability was Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
We use MySQL for the CloudBees instance.  It is no problem since ESME
uses the J2EE container to find its javax.sql.DataSource.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

I think that's correct, since ESME uses Mapper it will run on any
database that Mapper supports. I believe that this is dependent on
access to the database using a driver that provides a JDBC interface,
but I'm not sure. I think that all databases that Mapper supports are
relational, though I suppose you could try using a JDBC driver for a
non-relational database (like HBQL for hBase -
http://www.hbql.com/examples/jdbc.html).

Cheers,
Ethan

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Ethan,

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: Scalability was Re: What are pools? was Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-1.3

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Thanks, Ethan.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Thanks!

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
Ethan,

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack,

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Great.

D.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.
What I mean is that the timelines stopped working entirely, but the tags
that were visible (this is the 1.2 distribution tarball).

I shut the system down and built the 1.3 rc-1 distribution tarball and
ran that only to discover that tags were not working there.  I then went
back to the original 1.2 distro, booted it, noted my two users could
still log in, but there are no timelines visible. Sending messages do
not appear anywhere.

I then went and booted the subversion 1.2 rc-1 tag; no tags, and adding
a user to a pool fails.

I then went and booted the subversion trunk. Same issues.

All that to say that I had active timelines in the 1.2 distribution
until I started running other distributions.  By way of weak inference,
I have to wonder if there is anything like a shared database among those

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jack Park <ja...@topicquests.org>.