Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "radar.sxl" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 11:06:27 UTC

How running hadoop without command line?

When run a hadoop project jar, We'll use
$ bin/hadoop jar ***.jar
but if I hava a java app, i want to run mapreduce job inside it use hadoop
cluster, is three anyway?

Re: How running hadoop without command line?

Posted by Vladimir Klimontovich <kl...@gmail.com>.
There is a class called JobClient. You can run jobs using these class
from java app.
Also hadoop jar adds $HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-site.xml and
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-conf.xml
xml to classpath, so JobClient already knows which jobtracker and FS
should be used for running map process.

So when you are running hadoop jobs inside other application you
should take care of setting valid properties
for jobtracker address, FS address and etc. You can set it manually or
use Configuratio.addResource for
adding $HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-conf.xml and $HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-
site.xml .

On Aug 27, 2009, at 1:06 PM, radar.sxl wrote:

> When run a hadoop project jar, We'll use
> $ bin/hadoop jar ***.jar
> but if I hava a java app, i want to run mapreduce job inside it use
> hadoop
> cluster, is three anyway?

---
Vladimir Klimontovich,