Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/15 14:11:16 UTC

Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?

Hello,

Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat? I noticed I can rename from
'abc.jsp.out' to 'abc.jsp' but it does not allow renaming from 'abc.jsp' to
'abc.jsp.out' after I access the jsp. I guess once the jsp is accessed
tomcat creates the jsp class and then onwards it maintains one to one
mapping between jsp file and corresponding class file.

Could you please any feedback?

Chinmoy

Re: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 15/12/2010 13:51, Chinmoy Chakraborty wrote:
> Thanks for your reply...my requirement is i want to disable and enable a jsp
> repeatedly (whether accessed or not) depending on certain custom flag. how i
> can achieve this in tomcat?

I dread to think what the answer will be, but why, exactly?

Posted by Chinmoy Chakraborty <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 15/12/2010 13:44, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Chinmoy Chakraborty [mailto:cchinu@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?
>
>> Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat? I noticed I can rename from
>> 'abc.jsp.out' to 'abc.jsp' but it does not allow renaming from 'abc.jsp' to
>> 'abc.jsp.out' after I access the jsp.
>
> It's not entirely clear what your goal is here.  I can only surmise that you want to disable use of a JSP that's already been accessed once; if that is indeed the case, you will have to replace it with a newer one of the same name that essentially does nothing.

Why? Just deleting the JSP file works for me. (There was a long standing
bug in this area but it is fixed in 7.0.x and 6.0.x).

Mark

RE: Is it possible to rename a jsp file in tomcat?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.