Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Letha Etzkorn <et...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/08 19:45:13 UTC

Fwd: Cloudstack quick install help

Hi,

I've run all the way through the install multiple times, and I can't create
an instance because no templates or ISOs show up in the GUI after I select
Add Instance.

There are templates and isos visible when I click the Templates tab.

I have tried adding my own ISO but I get the error:
There is no secondary storage VM for downloading template to image store.
nfs://172.16.10.2/export/secondary

When I go to the System VMs tab, it says that I have both a primary storage
and a secondary storage VM and that both are running.

On my CentOS manager/compute node, I ran the following commands to check
the nfs:
rpcinfo -p 172.16.10.2
(see attached file pic1.jpg)
exportfs -v
(see attached file pic2.jpg)

My install setup:  I am running VirtualBox on Ubuntu 1804.  I have an
Ubuntu Virtual Router running on a VM (it is 172.16.10.1 gateway on
internal network) connects to a CentOS VM over the internal network
(created from a CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-1804.iso file), the CentOS VM is
172.16.10.2.  I have my CentOS virtualbox VM set up such that it does
nested virtualization, when I do "grep --color "vmx" /proc/cpuinfo" on my
CentOS vms I see red vmx-es).

At all points during my install, before every new step, I checked to see if
the previous services were working.  For example, before doing the
management setup I checked to see if nfs and rpcbind were working
(systemctl status rpcbind, systemctl status nfs), etc.

when I did lsmod | grep kvm, I got the expected result.

In my management server log, I had these ERRORs:
migrateDatafromIsoIdInVolumesTable:Exception: Unknown column 'iso_id1" in
"field list'
PropertiesUtil...Unable to find file: commands.properties

In my management server log, I also had these Debug statements:
ConSoleProxyManagerImpl ...Skip capacity scan as there is no Primary
Storage in 'Up" state

I have included  my log files at this link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10WkgiPNqjV0mhc81dsLGYmg-doVhd6d5?usp=sharing

I have read through previously posted help for these problems, and nothing
I have seen has fixed my problem, or I was unable to do it.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Cloudstack quick install help

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Letha,

I looked at the logs, looks like there is no primary storage in your environment:
2020-08-08 13:29:37,957 DEBUG [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-0ba7fb5b) (logid:94a1ab94) Skip capacity scan as there is no Primary Storage in 'Up' state

Here are some checks you can do:

  *   Have you deployed a zone with cluster, host, primary and secondary storage? http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/4.14.0.0/quickinstallationguide/qig.html#setting-up-a-zone
  *
If you go to Infra -> Zone -> do you have the zone enabled?
  *   If you go to Infra -> {Host, Primary Storage} in the UI do you see a KVM host that is UP and the primary storage that is UP? Check if you've configured the correct server host/IP and path for the primary and secondary storage, and check the KVM agent logs for error.
  *   Is there a secondary storage in the zone, and have you seeded the 4.14 systemvmtemplate on it?

Regards.

Posted by etzkorl gmail <et...@gmail.com>.
Hi,