Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Savannah Beckett <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/26 22:37:29 UTC

How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

I am using Drupal ApacheSolr module to integrate solr with drupal.  I already
integrated solr with nutch.  I already moved nutch's solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml to solr's example directory, and it work.  I tried to append Drupal's
ApacheSolr module's own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml into the same xml files,
but I got the following error when I "java -jar start.jar":

Jul 26, 2010 1:18:31 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: Exception during parsing file:
solrconfig.xml:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
following the root element must be well-formed.
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:249)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)

        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
        at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:110)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:130)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:134)

        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:83)

Why?  does solrconfig.xml allow to have 2 <config> sections?  does schema.xml
allow to have 2 <schema> sections?

Thanks.

Re: Any tips/guidelines to turning the Solr/luence performance in a master/slave/sharding environment

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I think the starting point should be :
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors
For example you could start playing with the mergeFactor parameter.
My 2 cents,
Tommaso

Posted by Chengyang <at...@163.com>.

Re: How to Combine Drupal solrconfig.xml with Nutch solrconfig.xml?

Posted by David Stuart <da...@progressivealliance.co.uk>.
I would use the string version as Drupal will probably populate it with a url like thing something that may not validate as type url

Posted by David Stuart <da...@progressivealliance.co.uk>.
Hi Savannah,