Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com> on 2009/08/20 15:30:02 UTC

Captcha, anyone?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody has integreted a Captach-query for roller? In
one of the previous versions, roller could be used with JCaptcha,
however, if I'm not mistaken, some interfaces changed, therefore
JCaptcha can't be used with roler out of the box any more.

Personally, I think the current math-query is pretty useless since it
can be easliy parsed and evaluated from spam-bots.

Therefore, if you guys do have any hints or maybe a link to some sort
of how-to, I'd really appreciate this.

TIA

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

Re: Captcha, anyone?

Posted by Alex Coles <al...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Christopher Blasnik<c....@ucs.at> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for sharing this. Have you perchance tried this with the latest
> Roller 5.0 development code ?
>
> - Chris

Hi Chris,

No. Unfortunately, I've yet to test against Roller 5.0. I've only
tested + deployed this plugin with Roller 4.0.1. However, I'll try to
take a look today (I am currently having problems compiling Roller 5.0
trunk, but will try to investigate.)

Alex

Re: Captcha, anyone?

Posted by Christopher Blasnik <c....@ucs.at>.

Re: Captcha, anyone?

Posted by Alex Coles <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Captcha, anyone?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to integrate a captcha by implementing a
DefaultCommentAuthenticator. Draw your comment authentication UI in
the HTML and JavaScript you return from getHtml(). Any form fields
that you define should be available in the request when the comment
form is posted and your authenticate method is called.

/**
 * Default authenticator does nothing, always returns true.
 */
public class DefaultCommentAuthenticator implements CommentAuthenticator {
    public String getHtml(HttpServletRequest request) {
        return "<!-- custom authenticator would go here -->";
    }
    public boolean authenticate(HttpServletRequest request) {
        return true;
    }
}

Hope that helps...