Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Miguel O. Carvajal" <ta...@carvajalonline.com> on 2012/08/18 09:01:07 UTC

Tapestry 5.4 Questions

Hey all,

I was looking through the branch for 5.4 and even though I know this is
nowhere near done, I have a few questions.

Will 5.4 be completely tied to RequireJS?

ModuleManager certainly seems to be, meaning if I want to use something
else like Ext.Loader I'd have to override the ModuleManager
implementation. Is this the current plan?

I was also curious as to how the modules are loaded by ModuleManager,
we are currently scanning packages for the "modulejs" directory.

Why was this approach chosen over using something like
requirejs.config's "paths" option where RequireJS can be told beforehand
what directory to get modules from? That way a Tapestry library could
just simply contribute to ModuleManager what Javascript modules it
handles so that the scanning does not have to take place. This is just
an idea I am throwing out there, I hope it makes sense.

That being said, I really like where 5.4 is headed.

Cheers,

Miguel