Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by phillip rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2008/04/30 03:16:59 UTC

convert instance of ofbiz/derby to ofbiz/mysql?

Hi Everyone.

I am currently running ofbiz/derby and seeing some scary stuff in the
logs about locks, etc...  I was wondering if I have an option to
convert to the mysql database, and if I should?

Is there a magical set of scripts that will migrate the data from
derby into mysql?

Thanks!

Re: convert instance of ofbiz/derby to ofbiz/mysql?

Posted by phillip rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.
I just wanted to report that this worked pretty good.

I did have to remove the ServerHits and Visitor related xml files
since this huge amount of data was killing the import process, but
after I moved these xml files out of the way, things took 2 minutes
and I am up and running in mysql.

Very impressed!  I need to incorporate this type of import/export in
all my apps cause data migrations are a pain!

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

-David

Posted by jaki <ja...@infosys.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Use the command line data loading tools described in the Technical
Production Setup Guide (on docs.ofbiz.org).

-David

Posted by jaki <ja...@infosys.com>.