Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vladimir Egorov <ve...@bea.com> on 2007/09/11 22:49:02 UTC

ant-1.6.5; need to add tools.jar to system classpath

Hi Ant Users,

We are working with ant-1.6.5. As a workaround for

http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6176978

(the bug is marked fixed, but it re-appeared in jdk 1.6), we need to add
tools.jar to ant system classpath.

What is the recommended way of doing this?

Adding it to CLASSPATH did not help because ant scripts (ant and
ant.bat) create their own -classpath. We also tried adding it to
LOCALCLASSPATH, but ant.bat does not handle it the same way as ant
script does. So far we resolved to editing ant.bat (added
LOCALCLASSPATH, see below), but we hope that there is a better way.

Note that upgrading to ant-1.7 is not an option for us at this time.

Thank you,

--Vladimir

Change to $ANT_HOME/bin/ant.bat in ant-1.6.5 (added LOCALCLASSPATH).

102c102
< "%_JAVACMD%" %ANT_OPTS% -classpath "%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-launcher.jar"
"-Dant.home=%ANT_HOME%" org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher %ANT_ARGS%
-cp "%CLASSPATH%" %ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
---
> "%_JAVACMD%" %ANT_OPTS% -classpath
%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-launcher.jar;%LOCALCLASSPATH% "-Dant.home=%ANT_HOME%"
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher %ANT_ARGS% -cp "%CLASSPATH%"
%ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS%

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.