Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2006/12/19 14:32:28 UTC

Docu - forrest sitemap

Hi all,

I am up to write a small document about how to write your own search
application based on solr from scratch.

Since I am a forrest committer, I am using forrest version 0.8-dev. Our
site is not compatible with the new version since we have the standard
example sitemap in the project. This sitemap is not used in solr at all,
but contains code that makes forrest fail for 0.8-dev.

The solution is to either remove the whole file (sitemap.xmap) or remove
all offending code. The background is that we (as in forrest) merged
some input modules in TRUNK and the "project" input module does not
exist anymore.

Like said the code is not used and removing it makes a future update of
the underlying forrest version less problematic.

If you agree I will prepare a patch.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Docu - forrest sitemap

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:57 -0800, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : example sitemap in the project. This sitemap is not used in solr at all,
> : but contains code that makes forrest fail for 0.8-dev.
>
> Thanks for tip Thorsten, I removed the file.

Cheers and de nada.

salu

Re: Docu - forrest sitemap