Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by xa...@freemail.gr on 2009/06/03 09:54:24 UTC

Three tomcat instances

I write a java web service and depending on a result i want it to call
other web service (http://localhost:80/axis/serv.jws).
But, i want serv.jws to be handled by three different servers depending
on where i want to send it.
How can i run three tomcats simultaneously?I read the server documentation,but mentions that only one server i can set into server.xml

Any help appreciated.

RE: Three tomcat instances

Posted by Lawrence Lamprecht <ll...@quadrem.com>.
If you want to run 3 tomcats then you need to have 3 tomcat installations. One tomcat per instance that you want to have server, this in turn will mean that you will have 3 separate server.xml files.

You can then load balance the 3 tomcats to be referenced as required.

You can even create workers for each instance and then not loadbalance. Call exach required worker as you need it directly.

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
Lawrence Lamprecht

RE: Three tomcat instances

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.
You don't tell us which version of Tomcat you're running, so it's hard to point you to the correct docs for your version on the Web.  However, if memory serves, look at the file RUNNING.txt in your Tomcat directory.  There's a section in there about setting up multiple Tomcats on the same machine.

                - Peter