Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Gudla, Natraj (GE Money, consultant)" <na...@ge.com> on 2007/08/28 18:23:39 UTC

Query on Document Literal

Hi,

We are using AXIS2 1.2 in our project to develop web services around business logic. The proposed solution is to use the IFX standard of XML types for any incoming xml request. Question is on the way AXIS handles the binding mechanisms. I have two questions.

1. Are all types converted to classes: Following is our design approach.

IFX Schema Types -> Extended into GE Schema Types -> Finally used in the project specific XML schema file -> Used to create the ultimate client request xml content.

While we generate the client stubs or proxies from the wsdl, ( which uses this custom xml schema for soap body ), will axis go onto generate binding classes for all the types defined in IFX, GE schemas or generate binding classes for only the types referrenced from the WSDL?
What we are looking at is if using the IFX schema types will create an over load of huge number of binding classes which may not be used at all. The IFX xml file is some 35K lines.

2. Using external binding mechanisms: I have not explored axis documentation to the full extent, but does axis provide a mechanism to use external data binding mechanisms other than the standard ones internally defined. As axis does not support xml restrictions and extensions, we are looking at other binding components.

Your inputs in this regard will greatly be appreciated. Looking forward for some help. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Natraj

Re: Query on Document Literal

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
1. Only those referenced from wsdl.
2. Check samples\databinding it shows how to use axis2 wsdl2java with
castor data binding. My first suggestion is to try ADB (the default
databinding), if you don't like it, switch to XmlBeans data binding.
If that does not work, roll out your own based on the sample mentioned
above. XmlBeans has all the bells and whistles for xml schema
restrictions and extensions, but is a bit difficult to program and is
a bit slow at runtime.

thanks,
dims