Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Diedler <ad...@tecracer.de> on 2011/02/03 16:17:10 UTC

FamWarDeployer - Just in development state

Hello,

In some advanced trainings we talked about (and use!) the farm war deployer
for Cluster Deployment. But in the documentation I cannot find much more
about this feature. Is it not for production?

Greetings

Alexander

Re: FamWarDeployer - Just in development state

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/02/2011 15:17, Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In some advanced trainings we talked about (and use!) the farm war deployer
> for Cluster Deployment. But in the documentation I cannot find much more
> about this feature. Is it not for production?

It isn't widely used but bugs are fixed as they get reported. On that
basis it is as well supported as any other part of the Tomcat codebase.
For example, I recently fixed it so it works with Tomcat 7's new
parallel deployment feature.

Mark