Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by colpwd <co...@team.telstra.com> on 2010/08/09 01:13:41 UTC

Axis Newb

Hi everyone, hows it going?

I was hoping i could get some assistance related to WSDL's and Axis in
particular.

Fundamentally, what i am attempting to do is write a server-side skeleton
which produces a response that matches some examples i have.

As far as i know, the samples i am trying to match a response for presented
in RPC encoded style. And i guess my first question is,

- Is Axis2 is compatible with this older style of encoding?

I have Axis 1.4 loaded onto a Tomcat 5.5 server. I have used WSDL2Java and
then deployed using the deploy.wsdd that is created.

I am then using soapUI to load the WSDL, and use the Form tab to test values
and view the response XML of the WSDL deployed on the server.

Unfortunately, the response i am seeing is slightly different to the samples
i am trying to match. My next main question is,

- Is there a way to modify the response format of an Axis 1.4 web service
deployment?

Thanks a lot for reading.