Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matthew O'Connor <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/26 20:11:22 UTC

using file install & config admin together?

Hey all,

I'm using Felix File Install to load configuration properties which then get
loaded via Felix Configuration Admin.

I want to be able to dynamically update those configuration properties
during run and then have those persisted back to the properties file it was
loaded from.

Is there a way to do this or am I on the wrong track?

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: using file install & config admin together?

Posted by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Matthew O'Connor
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm using Felix File Install to load configuration properties which then get
> loaded via Felix Configuration Admin.
>
> I want to be able to dynamically update those configuration properties
> during run and then have those persisted back to the properties file it was
> loaded from.

Hi, as Larry also said, the easiest way is to work only on the
property file (and update only the property file).
I described the process at
http://www.osgilook.com/2009/08/20/apache-felix-file-install-part-2-dynamic-configurations/

It's a quite old article but it should still work.

--
Filippo Diotalevi

RE: using file install & config admin together?

Posted by Larry Touve <lt...@potomacfusion.com>.
You can simply write the changes to the file.  FileInstall will see that the file has been updated and call the update method.

Larry