Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Manu <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2018/04/05 17:17:23 UTC

Lucene CorruptIndexException (checksum failed) on GridLuceneIndex - suggested patch

Hi,

*GridLuceneOutputStream* has a bug on */copyBytes/* method and
*GridLuceneInputStream* on */readBytes/* method for direct calls from
GridLuceneOutputStream.

On both methods internal GridLuceneOutputStream's CRC is not updated, so we
get  /org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: checksum failed
(hardware problem?) [...]/ when the use of lucene index is intensive and
lucene internally try to merge it.

Suggested patch to fix CorruptIndexException on GridLuceneIndex
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t547/FIX-IGNITE-LUCENE-STREAM-CRC.patch>

Hope it helps!!

Bye!

Manu

Re: Lucene CorruptIndexException (checksum failed) on GridLuceneIndex - suggested patch

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello Manu!

Can you also provide a test that will show that the problem exists, and
that the fix does something helpful? Preferably in the form of code, but
"steps to reproduce" may work too.

Other than that, I recommend you creating a pull request for
https://github.com/apache/ignite/
and a JIRA ticket with description of the problem in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/IGNITE/issues
and link them together :)

This will increase the chance that this patch is merged into Ignite source.

For further discussion I recommend writing on Ignite developer list, and
not the User list we're on.

Ilya Kasnacheev