Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/21 08:24:15 UTC

Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.3 .0

Hey Guys,

I've finished the third feature release of the Pax Exam Karaf Testframework
today and pushed it to maven central (should be there within the next
hours). You might want to give it shot if you need to do integration tests
on Karaf base. It is as simple as adding the following to your pom...

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.openengsb.labs.paxexam.karaf</groupId>
  <artifactId>paxexam-karaf-container</artifactId>
  <version>0.3.0</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.ops4j.pax.exam</groupId>
  <artifactId>pax-exam-junit4</artifactId>
  <version>2.3.0.M1</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

... reference your karaf based distribution ...

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
  <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
  <version>2.2.4</version>
  <type>zip</type>
  <scope>test</scope>
  <exclusions>
    <exclusion>
      <groupId>org.apache.karaf.shell</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.shell.dev</artifactId>
    </exclusion>
  </exclusions>
</dependency>

... and the following configuration section ...

@Configuration
public Option[] config() {
    return new Option[]{ karafDistributionConfiguration().frameworkUrl(
      maven().groupId("org.apache.karaf").artifactId("apache-karaf").type("zip").versionAsInProject())
};
}

... and your integration tests will run on the framework you've just
configured. The full documentation could be found here [1]. The changeset of
the new feature release could be found here [2]. Have fun and
don't hesitate to report any problems you encounter at this list or here
[3]. Btw, all sources are under Apache 2 License here [4] and will be
included in the karaf 3 release. It's just out of the ASF repos right now so
that it can be developed/released in faster cycles. BTW, hopefully this is
the last release outside the ASF. I'll start to replace our current
integration tests at Karaf and merge the source into the trunk by next
week...

Special thanks go to Andreas Kuhtz for all his feature requests and bug
reports. Thanks Andreas!

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf/wiki