Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Kavitha Murugesan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 16:29:21 UTC

Node setup

Hi All,
I am new to Apache Ignite. I have downloaded Apache Ignite 1.8.0 source
release from following link.
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi#binaries

How can I start node for windows? I tried command using command prompt. But
I got below error.
JAVA_HOME environment variable is not found.
Please point JAVA_HOME variable to location of JDK 1.7 or JDK 1.8.
You can also download latest JDK at http://java.com/download.

Is it need to download JDK?

Regards,
Kavitha M

Re: Node setup

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, as far as I recall you need to install a JDK. In any case make sure to set JAVA_HOME variable. Refer to this doc for more info:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19182-01/820-7851/inst_cli_jdk_javahome_t/ <https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19182-01/820-7851/inst_cli_jdk_javahome_t/>

—
Denis

Re: Node setup

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
It’s strange. Do you start the script from a terminal going to ignite-web-console folder?

Alex K., please join this discussion.

—
Denis

Re: Node setup