Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by deniz <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/13 06:26:53 UTC

JDK Version Mismatch

Hi All,

I have a problem with tomcat 6.0.35. Basically I am getting this error each
time I try to access my webapp from the browser:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: xxx/xxx/xxxManager : Unsupported
major.minor version 51.0 (unable to load class xxx.xxx.xxxManager)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:502)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:412)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

The machine on which tomcat runs, uses jdk 1.7. And while creating my war
file on eclipse, it uses jdk 1.6. I made some search on other places and
found out that this version mismatch is the reason. However, there is no
java ee 7, so i cant create my war file with the new version, by using
eclipse...

my question: is there any other way to overcome this issue with tomcat? or i
have to install java 1.6 to the machine that i run tomcat?

thank you in advance, for your helps

Re: [OT] JDK Version Mismatch

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: JDK Version Mismatch

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.

RE: JDK Version Mismatch

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: deniz [mailto:denizdurmus87@gmail.com]
> Subject: JDK Version Mismatch

> Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Looks like your diagnosis is backwards.  Version 51.0 is from a class built with JDK 7, trying to be loaded by an older version of the JVM - which means your Tomcat is actually running on JRE/JDK 6, and you built your .war file (or some component therein) with JDK 7.

 - Chuck