Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2011/12/29 17:03:56 UTC

Podling Name Search

One of the tasks remaining before graduation is finding a suitable top
level project name. The requirement in status[1] doesn't play well with
the improved brand guidelines. 'rat' is a widely use term, so this is a
particular issue. over the last few months, I've been trying to work
with the brand team and IPMC to develop improved guidance[2].

I've worked through the public fact finding bit for Apache Rat[3]. (We
don't have a definitive result for this yet, discussions in private
please) Our preferred alternative is Apache Creadur. Following the
search process should be much easier for this name. If there's anyone
willing to volunteer to work through this with me, I'd appreciate the
opportunity to test the documentation.

Anyone have the cycles to help?

Robert

[1] "Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist
and check www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
trademarked for an existing software product."

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html